“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work”
My name is Eurosia Guterres Pereira, I am from Baguia (Haecony, Uai-Boro) post administrative and municipality of Baucau, Timor-Leste. Growing up in a simple family, getting a high level of education was always my dream, but everything was not as easy as I thought, due to various factors. However, I heartily appreciate my parents, who always work hard to support us (me and my siblings) to get access to education. Moreover, I also appreciate my family members, relatives, friends, professors, and each and everyone who always supports me in every step of my life.
I used to study at a private university called UNITAL, where I heard about the Asian University for Women from one of my best friends as well as classmates. Though I was studying there, I always felt like I had a lot more to learn about the world. I was always looking for opportunities to study abroad because it is a great way to meet new people, gain new perspectives, experience different learning styles and improve my English, but then again getting a full scholarship was also hard and competitive, as there were various requirements that I needed to complete during the application process. It was challenging, but I tried my best as much as I could.
When I got selected to study at Asian University for Women, I was over the moon because finally, I got a chance to study abroad. I came to Asian University for Women, Chittagong, Bangladesh in September 2019. From the beginning, there were a lot of challenges, difficulties, and limitations, as I was a new student in a new university, a new environment with new people, a new academic curriculum, etc. It was truly challenging, and it took some time for me to adjust to the environment and curriculum but everybody was really supportive and encouraged me to keep going, and I feel much better, I feel more confident that I can handle any challenges.
My four years journey at the Asian University for Women is such an amazing journey with various activities and experiences. Asian University for Women is such a unique place for me to learn because it is dedicated to women and focuses on women's empowerment, I love the diversity of the students and professors, there are lots of people from different countries, and everyone has a different journey, and together we can all learn about each others countries, cultures, and traditions. In addition, AUW also provides all the facilities like the library, computer lab, etc., that I need to complete my learning.
In May 2023, I completed my studies and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science Major. Achieving this achievement was not an easy journey, but that doesn't mean I couldn't. I faced many challenges, difficulties, and limitations, but none of that stopped me from achieving this achievement, because I believe that “if you face every situation in a positive way, follow your heart and mind, keep learning, and focus on your vision, nothing is impossible”.

0 comments:
Post a Comment